Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ted Draper

Hi folks, I want to tell you about myself. My parents had a horse ranch before I was born. I grew up on the back of a horse and I spent hours riding bare back. I found great joy riding with my older brothers and sister. When they started showing in small shows, so did I. In my teenage years I spent hours teaching my horse trail obstacles. Back in the 50's, trail class competition was very tough. I didn't do well at first, as I got my drivers licence I was able to attend more and more shows. The last year before I left for college, I went to the state trail championships in Sacramento. I placed second out of 100 competitors. After college and a stent in the Marine Corps, I came home and worked on my mothers ranch and eventually started training horses. I began showing in western and English classes. Eventually I was showing hunter and Jumper, stock horse, three gaited horses and driving classes. I've trained and showed Morgans, Arabians, Quarter horses, Saddle breds, Paints, Appalosas and driving horses. I became a large R judge and have judged all over the country. I've have written articles about training, buying a horse, and instructional advice. My stories are true stories and I will be posting them on my blog. I will be posting calendar of up-coming events here on the ranch. Monthly I will be posting a training tip besides a story or training advice.

October 25, Horse show and halloween fun classes, At Ted Draper Stable, 530 Irwin Ln
Santa Rosa, Ca. 95401 Ph # 707 546 2568

No comments:

Post a Comment